MARWAN is the Moroccan National Research and Education Network created in 1998.
MARWAN is built on VPN/MPLS backbone infrastructure.
MARWAN interconnects via IP all of academic and research institutions’ networks in Morocco.
Institutions are connected via leased line VPN/LL layer 2 circuits.
Important characteristics of MARWAN are:
- More than 200 connected institutions over 90 links covering 30 cities in Morocco.
- Offered bandwidth ranges from 100Mbps to 5Gbps.
- Total acceess bandwidth : 40Gbps.
- MARWAN is connected to the Internet via 2 links of 10Gbps each in Rabat and Casablanca.
- MARWAN is connected to European Network GÉANT with 1Gbps link from Rabat to London.
- All links are in Fiber Optic
- IPv6 is deployed natively in Dual Stack.
- IP multicast support.
- Multiple Classes of Service offered to ensure quality of service for critical applications for the Ministry and Universities.
- Reinforced security: Addition of Firewall and IPS dedicated to MARWAN